The Gaertner Scientific Corporation began as a small scientific shop established by William Gaertner in 1896 on Chicago’s Southside. The company, originally known as Wm. Gaertner & Co., manufactured astronomical and astrophysical measuring instruments for the Yerkes Observatory and interferometers for Professors Albert A. Michelson (1852-1931) and Samuel W. Stratton (1861-1931) at the University of Chicago.
This fully illustrated catalog includes information regarding the price and technical specifications of scientific apparatus for sale from Wm. Gaertner & Co. Digitized content includes a limited selection of figures, the work's front matter, and a black and white photograph of a height-adjustable lens found interleaved in the work.
|Creator of work|
|Place of publication|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||Public Domain Mark 1.0|
|View in library catalog|
Wm. Gaertner & Company. “Instruments of Precision Laboratory Apparatus, M-L Catalog.” Chicago, Illinois, 1911. Q185.7 .G34 1911. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/nu07tat.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.