General view of Merlyn Smith molding a flange on a six-inch pipe manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible for the fabrication and repair of specialty glass equipment used at the Company's plant in Midland, Michigan. In this photograph, the pipe is seen being rotated in a lathe to keep it properly aligned during the molding process.
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Molding a Flange in Glass Fabrication Department,” October 2, 1957. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 6, Folder Dow Plant--Glass Laboratory. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/pn89d700k.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.