General view of Merlyn Smith molding a flange on a six-inch pipe manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible for the fabrication and repair of specialty glass equipment used at the Company's plant in Midland, Michigan. In this photograph, the pipe is seen being rotated in a lathe to keep it properly aligned during the molding process.
|Creator of work|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Copyright - United States|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Molding a Flange in Glass Fabrication Department,” October 2, 1957. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 6, Folder Dow Plant--Glass Laboratory. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/pn89d700k.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsIn the United States
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.