General view of assorted equipment and apparatus in the Constant Humidity Room at the the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Fertilizer Machinery Laboratory located at the Arlington Experimental Farm in Rosslyn [Arlington], Virginia. Various pieces of equipment have been labelled with letters to create an identification key. Per the key, the equipment is identified as follows: C) Receiving tray; D) Fertilizer distributor; E) Fertilizer drawer; F) Hygrothermograph; G) Revolution or speed counter; H) Dust curtain.
Established by an act of Congress in April 1900, Arlington Farm served as the main field laboratory for the Bureau of Soils, U.S. Department of Agriculture, until 1941.
|View in library catalog|
“Constant Humidity Room at the Fertilizer Machinery Laboratory,” circa 1935. Travis P. Hignett Collection of Fixed Nitrogen Research Laboratory Photographs, Box 4. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/q237hr95t.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.