General view of the M.V. "Triaster" motor ship being loaded with phosphate at the cantilever located in Christmas Island, Nauru. This ship was managed by the British Phosphate Commissioners, a board of representatives from Australia, Great Britain, and New Zealand who managed the extraction of phosphate from Christmas Island, Nauru, and Banaba Island (Ocean Island) from 1920 to 1981.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
|View in library catalog|
“British Phosphate Commission Motor Ship,” 1961. Travis P. Hignett Collection of Fixed Nitrogen Research Laboratory Photographs, Box 3. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/w66343981.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.