Double-sided advertisement for Thanite, an insecticide manufactured and sold by the Hercules Powder Company. The advertisement, which appeared in the December 1994 issues of Soap and Sanitary Chemicals, features an artistic rendering of Hercules' newly-constructed Biological Laboratories used to research and test Thanite.
Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) initially specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders and subsequently diversified its business to encompass a variety of industrial products, including pine and paper chemicals, synthetics, pigments, polymers, and cellulose.
|Creator of work|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Increased Production of Thanite to Meet Present-Day Demands!” 1944 Hercules Advertisements, 1944. Records of Hercules Incorporated, Volume 1944. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/xk81jm17q.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.