General view of an apparatus used to determine the hygroscopicity of fertilizer materials and mixtures at the the Arlington Experimental Farm in Arlington, Virginia. The individual visible in the photograph is identified as Mr. Merz. Established by an act of Congress in April 1900, Arlington Farm served as the main field laboratory for the Bureau of Soils, U.S. Department of Agriculture, until 1941. This apparatus was likely used to analyze fertilizer as part of the work of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Fixed Nitrogen Research Laboratory located in Washington, D.C.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
“Apparatus for Determining the Hygroscopicity of Fertilizer Materials,” circa 1928. Travis P. Hignett Collection of Fixed Nitrogen Research Laboratory Photographs, Box 3. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/z603qx78w.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.