General view of Ray Kent checking a polymer operation at the Dow Chemical Company's Plastics Production Laboratory. Established in 1953 as an outgrowth of Dow's Physical Research Laboratory, the Plastics Production Laboratory was devoted to improving plastic processes and products. The facility boasted laboratory areas dedicated to research in physical chemistry, catalytic and high temperature reactions, physical development, small scale polymers and co-polymers, high polymer studies, purification methods, and instrumentation, as well a semi-plant area.
|Creator of work|
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Copyright - United States|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Ray Kent Conducting High Polymer Study at Dow Plastics Production Laboratory,” June 13, 1956. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 8, Folder Plants--Plastics Production Laboratory. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/2227mq102.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsIn the United States
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.