Advertisement for wood rosins manufactured and sold by the Hercules Powder Company for use in the manufacture of varnishes, paints, adhesives, and other naval stores products. The advertisement depicts a hand holding a sample of clear wood rosin in order to demonstrate the product's cleanliness.
Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) initially specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders and subsequently diversified its business to encompass a variety of industrial products, including pine and paper chemicals, synthetics, pigments, polymers, and cellulose.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Advertisement for Hercules Rosins.” 1930 Hercules Advertisements, 1930. Records of Hercules Incorporated, Volume 1930. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/n009w3018.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.