Realtor brochure for Rohm and Haas home office building
- Circa 1964
Realtor brochure advertising office space rentals in the new Rohm and Haas home office building located on Independence Mall West in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The brochure includes an artist's rendering of the building's galleria with view of Independence Hall, as well as maps of the surrounding neighborhood, office layout and amenities, including passenger elevators, air conditioning, and cafeteria.
The Rohm and Haas Company was founded in 1907 in Esslingen, Germany through the partnership of German chemist Otto Röhm and German businessman Otto Haas. In 1933, Röhm's experiments with the polymerization of methyl methacrylate led to the creation of a clear, solid plastic sheet, which he trademarked Plexiglas. During World War II, the demand for Plexiglas, which both Allied and Axis forces used for submarine periscopes and aircraft windshields, canopies, and gun turrets, helped transform Rohm and Haas into a major chemical firm.
|Creator of work|
|Place of creation|
|Rights||No Copyright - United States|
|View in library catalog|
Jackson-Cross Company Realtor. “Realtor Brochure for Rohm and Haas Home Office Building,” circa 1964. Rohm & Haas Company Archives, Box Rohm and Haas Building 2 of 2, Folder Rohm & Haas Building Dedication. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/yhofa08.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsIn the United States
Download all 3 imagesPDFZIPof full-sized JPGs
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.