General view of an exhibit panel on Rhoplex acrylic-base paints exhibited at the 1956 Rohm and Haas Company stockholders' meeting. The panel features several paint samples, with accompanying text highlighting the durability and color stability of acrylic paints.
The Rohm and Haas Company was founded in 1907 in Esslingen, Germany through the partnership of German chemist Otto Röhm and German businessman Otto Haas. In 1933, Röhm's experiments with the polymerization of methyl methacrylate led to the creation of a clear, solid plastic sheet, which he trademarked Plexiglas. During World War II, the demand for Plexiglas, which both Allied and Axis forces used for submarine periscopes and aircraft windshields, canopies, and gun turrets, helped transform Rohm and Haas into a major chemical firm.
|Creator of work|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
Rohm and Haas Company. “Rhoplex Acrylic-Base Paints Exhibit Board,” April 19, 1956. Rohm & Haas Company Archives, Box Photos 20, Folder 28. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/vqtktd0.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.