Paul A. Wilks, Jr. begins the interview by discussing his early years and family life in Springfield, Massachusetts. After graduating from Springfield Technical High School, Wilks went to Harvard University, where he…
- Interviewee Wilks, Paul A., Jr., 1923-2008
- Interviewer Brock, David C. and Daemmrich, Arthur
- Subject Engineers--Biography, Wilks Scientific Corporation, Connecticut Instrument Company, Wilks, Paul A., Jr., 1923-2008, Beckman Instruments, Inc., Spectrum analysis, General Analysis Corporation, Foxboro (Firm), Engineers, and Perkin-Elmer Corporation
Howard S. Turner begins the interview with a discussion of his childhood and his early interest in chemistry. After attending the George School for two years, he attended Swarthmore College and received a bachelor's in…
- 1999-Mar-15 (Second session)
- 1999-Jun-10 (Third session)
- 1998-May-12 (First session)
- 2003-Jan-10 (Fourth session)
Harold Sorgenti begins the interview by discussing his family background and childhood. He was able to find a job after college at Battelle Memorial Institute and while working in research there, Sorgenti received his…
James N. Shoolery begins the interview by discussing his family background and growing up during the Depression. His interest in chemistry began in his childhood and grew further during his undergraduate years at the…
Warren G. Schlinger begins his oral history interview by tracing his family heritage and discussing his introduction to chemistry: a Gilbert Chemistry Set owned by a friend. While a young man, Schlinger began to attend…
Irvin I. Rubin begins the interview by describing his family history and how he came to work in the plastics industry. Throughout the interview Rubin describes the intricacies of working with plastic, starting with the…
Frank R. Nissel begins the interview by describing his early childhood and schooling in Berlin, Germany, and subsequent move to Egypt due to the emergence of Adolf Hitler's policies. Arriving in Egypt at the age of…
Robert W. Parry begins the interview with a discussion of his childhood in Ogden, Utah. After graduating from Ogden High School, Parry attended Weber College for two years, where he studied chemistry until his funding…
Robert J. Manning begins the interview with a brief sketch of his educational background. In 1948, after graduating with a M.S. in chemistry from the University of Missouri in Kansas City, Manning spent time in the…
- 2002-Feb-11 (First session)
- 2002-Feb-27 (Second session)
Kaye describes his early interest in science, and specifically, instrumentation. He discusses his decision to study at the University of Illinois, and his own academic experience there as a Ph.D. candidate in chemistry.…
- Interviewee Kaye, Wilbur I. (Wilbur Irving), 1922-2006
- Interviewer Thackray, Arnold, 1939- and Gallwas, Gerald E.
- Subject Spectrophotometer, Kaye, Wilbur I. (Wilbur Irving), 1922-2006, Instrument manufacture, Scientific apparatus and instruments, Chemists--Biography, Beckman, Arnold O., Chemists, Beckman Instruments, Inc., and Tennessee Eastman Company
- 2002-Sep-25 (First session)
- 2002-Sep-26 (Second session)
Stephen L. Johnson was raised in Nashville, Tennessee, the middle (with his twin brother) of four children, growing up in the pre- and post-Civil Rights Era. His father received his degree in electrical engineering and…
Willis Humphreys begins the interview by describing how he came to work at National Technical Laboratories [NTL] on 31 March 1938. Before joining NTL, Humphreys worked for a small company in Pasadena, California, but…
Norman Hackerman begins the interview with a description of his graduate education at Johns Hopkins University and his encounters with Neil E. Gordon. After graduating from Johns Hopkins with a Ph.D. in chemistry,…
Millard G. Gamble capped his thirty-nine year career in sales and marketing of fibers at E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company as the vice president of the Textile Fibers Department. Gamble begins the interview by…
Vincent J. Coates was too young to join the military at the start of World War II, so he got a job filing machine parts and began attending the Bridgeport Engineering Institute. He later applied the knowledge he had…
- 2002-Nov-22 (Third session)
- 1991-May-30 (First session)
- 2002-Sep-13 (Second session)
Elkan R. Blout begins the interview with a description of his family and childhood. Growing up in Manhattan as an only child, Blout was cared for by his parents, aunts, and uncles. He attended DeWitt Clinton High…
- Interviewee Blout, E. R. (Elkan Rogers), 1919-2006
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Land, Edwin H., 1909-1991, Woodward, R. B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979, Blout, E. R. (Elkan Rogers), 1919-2006, Chemists--Biography, Columbia University, Harvard School of Public Health, Polaroid Corporation, Children's Hospital Medical Center (Boston, Mass.), and Harvard Medical School
Fred Basolo begins the interview discussing his arrival at Northwestern University as an inorganic chemist in 1946. At that time, organic chemistry dominated the field of chemistry, and inorganic chemistry was seen as…
- Interviewee Basolo, Fred, 1920-2007
- Interviewer Thackray, Arnold, 1939- and Daemmrich, Arthur
- Subject Rohm and Haas Company, Reaction mechanisms (Chemistry), Basolo, Fred, 1920-2007, Chemistry, Inorganic, Chemists--Biography, Gordon Research Conferences, Metal carbonyls, and Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)
- 1910 – 2007
Small glass Bayer orange flavoured children's chewable aspirin bottle with pink plastic cap, 36 tablet size.
- 1910 – 2007
Small glass Bayer flavoured children's size aspirin bottle with pink plastic cap, 36 tablet size, containing pink tablets.
- 1996 – 2009
Square plastic pill bottle with safety cap. Medicine bottle is empty.
- 1997 – 2011
Small cylindrical plastic white bottle with safety cap used for holding pills. Medicine bottle is empty.
- 1910 – 2007
Plastic Bayer aspirin bottle, 50 tablet size, contains tablets.
- 1910 – 2007
Small, shallow, rectangular tin box containing medicine pills. Label on front of tin has yellow background with "12 Bayer-Tablets of Aspirin (5 grs. each)" in white text on brown background. Tin pillbox contains…
- 1910 – 2007
Glass Bayer aspirin bottle, 300 tablet size, contains white tablets.